[time-nuts] IBM TYpe 37 Master was Re: IBM's "Clock Corner"

Don Couch couchclocks at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 23:55:43 UTC 2011

Hi, Russell,

I just recently sold my IBM Type 37 to a collector in the Los Angeles area. I have the factory documentation for it. If you send me your snail mail address, I will run off a copy for you.
This is indeed a fabulous clock. Mine was built in 1957. It used the 3-minute 600Hz. tone that WWV used to send to synchronize itself every hour. The 3-minute tone was validated by using a rotating cam switch driven by a separate synchronous motor. WWV changed its broadcast format a few years later to send one-minute tones instead of 3 minute.
There is one of these on display in the lobby of the NIST labs in Boulder, Colorado.

email me at couchclocks at yahoo dot com (make the obvious changes in the email address).

Don Couch