[time-nuts] 60Hz zero-crossing

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Jul 4 02:05:53 UTC 2011

> Hi Tom,
>
> The part that I am confused on is how the DCD pin is being accessed and time
> stamped.  Where would I find software for that purpose ?
>
> Perhaps some of the others can straighten me out ?  Especially if there is
> software that will run on an old Win 98 laptop.
>
> Bill....WB6BNQ

Hi Bill,

For a windows example of playing with the DCD pin, displaying
MJD, cycle counts, elapsed time, etc. see program comdcd2.c
under www.leapsecond.com/tools/. No time right now to make it
fancy, but you or others can get the idea from this demo. Don't
worry about win98, for something like this it has better response
than XP since there is so little going on in the background.

/tvb