[time-nuts] Thunderbolt is here!

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jul 7 02:15:58 UTC 2011

Hi

You obviously will need +12, -12 and +5 supplies at the proper current levels. Any GPS antenna that will run on 5 volts will work for checkout. There are good pictures on the web showing what power goes to which pins.  Current levels are < 10 ma on -12, ~ 300 ma on +5 and a bit under 1A at turn on on +12.

Once it's all wired and seems ok - sImple check out:

1) Download Lady Heather and get it installed.
2) Grab a serial cable and use an ohm meter to check that pins 2 and 3 are wired right.
3) Fire it all up and the software will tell you what's going on.

There's about a 90% chance it will fire up and run fine. If not, get it replaced.

Bob