[time-nuts] fluke.l monitor for Thunderbolt . . . the sagacontinues

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:06:40 UTC 2011

You forget that this "Fluke.L" guy's first design replaced three
diodes with wire jumpers to save the cost of three diodes.  The
builder is cheap beyond all reason.  To a guy who'd replace diodes
with wire $0.78 must seem like a fortune.

I'd use a 3.3 volt reg also  but in China 78 cents is what?  Half a day's pay?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM, David VanHorn
<D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com> wrote:

> Vf is highly dependent on current and temperature.  The processor alone is a very dynamic load.
> I wouldn't trust it in a hobby project, and I can't imagine proposing it for a professional design.
>
> Without knowing much in details, a bog standard 3.3V regulator is $0.78 at Digikley, in singles.
> L78L33ABZ-AP
> If there are unusual requirements, then that might go up.
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California