[time-nuts] NERC/TEC test

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:56:32 UTC 2011

In fact, that was exactly what Accutron watch technicians were taught to
do.  They deliberately set the watches to run slow (~4 seconds per day, I
think, but someone may correct me on that) because, when worn, slight bumps
and jars would stimulate the tuning fork to vibrate slightly faster for a
fraction of a second and/or the index wheel to advance two notches per
impulse rather than one.