[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

Russell Rezaian rrezaian at motorola.com
Fri Jul 8 15:48:02 UTC 2011

While I do sometimes wear a wristwatch, I find I
normally don't.  I usually use a stand alone
clock of some sort, or the time display on my
phone.

As for Time Nut relevance, it's still true that
you can get much better accuracy and precision
for a given cost in a clock that most people
would not find comfortable to wear (with all due
respect to the Atomic Wrist Watch from TvB's web
site :) ) as opposed to what most of the rest of
us would consider wearable.

That said, I think it's quite reasonable for time
nuts to prefer to check the time with clocks that
are not exactly wrist friendly.

I do wish it was simpler to NTP synchronize the
clock on my phone though.  One nice thing about
the CDMA phone I had years ago was that I knew
the clock on the phone was going to be reasonably
accurate.  Time sync for GSM phones is not as
nice.
--
Russell