David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Fri Jul 8 21:58:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 11:11:34AM -0700, Burt I. Weiner wrote:
> Being in broadcast I need to know what time it is. I wear a wrist
> watch with real hands on it so I can tell what time it is.  For a
> wrist watch, I personally don't care for a digital readout.  I grew
> up with a wrist watch that had real hands and I learned to tell time
> and how much time I had simply by looking at the position of the
> hands, I didn't have to do any math at all in my head.   All that I
> need to know, for example, is that I need to be somewhere in 3/4 of a
> turn of the big hand.  In my case I don't always need precision time,
> I deal with that separately.

	I actually wear an 80s AE-20W Casio watch that has both
synthetic LCD hands on a clockface and a normal digital time display.
The LCD hands are sync'd with the digital display - unlike some hybrids
where a mechanical type movement driven by a step pulse was combined
with a digital time/stopwatch/alarm display that had no other connection
to it other than a common timebase.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in