[time-nuts] Any thoughts on best rubidium?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jul 11 00:33:43 UTC 2011

Hi

The LPRO is reasonable choice. Lots of them out there and nothing about them to drive up the price. The FRS-C is a similar unit, but a bit older, I see no reason to pay more for one than an LPRO. The SCLR is a repackage of the LPRO, no reason to pay more unless you need the low height.

The FE often shows up as a 1 pps part - seller converted to 10 MHz. Quality of conversion can vary.

Bottom line, buy the one you can get for the least cash. You might get two simply to have a drop in backup. They will all need heat sinks and regulated power. I would suggest putting it in a box with some output buffering and a couple BNC's.

Bob