[time-nuts] z3801 - holdover and recovery issue

Ron Hahn (EI2JP) ei2jp at dhco.org
Mon Jul 11 10:22:16 UTC 2011

Colleagues,

My Z3801 has developed a peculiar problem over the last few weeks.  Its
been running for several years now (at three different QTHs) and has
worked flawlessly until recently.

The problem is that it seems to oscillate between "gps-lock" and
"holdover".  When I checked further it seems to be oscillating between,
locked, recovery, and holdover, mostly staying in recovery and holdover.

The gpscon status page is here -> http://www.ei2jp.org/gpscon/gpsstat.htm

Having checked closer today, I noticed that the EFC is only today
showing "err" in the health monitor.  Suggestions on whan'ts gone wrong
please?

Thanks,

Ron EI2JP