[time-nuts] z3801 - holdover and recovery issue

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Jul 11 13:54:01 UTC 2011

Ron,

My guess would be one of two things...

First check the EFC on the OXCO, if it's near the edge of the tuning range you might need to adjust the Coarse Adjustment screw to
get it back to near-center of the EFC range.

Second, as Bob said, it could be the GPS receiver (I believe these had Oncore 6-channel VP receivers), or maybe even the GPS antenna
or possibly the cable run.

The VP receivers appear on eBay every now and then. I'm *pretty* sure the 8-channel VP models can be sent a command to emulate the
6-channel models.