[time-nuts] Pulse generator recommendation

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Jul 14 17:55:24 UTC 2011

A Systron-Donner / Datapulse 101 or 101A is an old, but well performing
pulse generator.

Most pulse generators are not particularly precise, but many have an
"External Trigger" function that can be connected to a precise timing
source.

I'm doing exactly that, using a crystal oscillator at 1 MHz and a set of
Tek DD501s to simolate LORAN-A. I can easily set 40,000 uS to  1 uS.

-John