[time-nuts] Rb cooling

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 08:28:12 UTC 2011

same thoughts almost the same fan mine are 50 mm square and less than 10
mm. Mine are from a dead plasma display.
Best regards
Bert

In a message dated 7/17/2011 10:15:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com writes:

Bert  wrote:

>Charles sounds like what I am doing. What size fan do you  use?

It's 40 mm square, and quite thin (< 10 mm), from a dead hard
drive.  At normal indoor temperatures (20-25C), it spins from 100-200  rpm.

I chose 45C for the baseplate temperature so it can be used at any
ambient temperature I'm likely to encounter.  40C was, I thought,
just a touch too low for that.

Best  regards,

Charles