[time-nuts] The future of UTC

Tom Holmes tholmes at woh.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 19:02:28 UTC 2011

I just don't see why we need to save daylight; don't we have enough already?
Is that not part of the cause of the alleged global warming?

And how does shifting the clock by an hour actually save any daylight?

OK, so to get slightly more serious, the best argument pushed here in Ohio
is that in the winter months, school aged kids aren't walking to school or
waiting for the bus in the dark. In the summer months, it isn't an issue. Of
course, DST isn't in effect in the winter months, so I still don't get it.

And why do they keep extending the DST season? We only have ST between mid
November to mid March now. It was once late April to early October.

Someone somewhere is making some money off of this scam.

Tom Holmes, N8ZM
Tipp City, OH
EM79