[time-nuts] DDS'ery narrow scoped.

dk4xp at arcor.de dk4xp at arcor.de
Thu Jul 21 17:10:04 UTC 2011

IMHO, that would require a sine table with a steerable number
of entries. Very problematic for a tunable DDS, but doable
for a fixed frequency application, although address mirroring
for ROM size reduction would require real address comparators
instead just using the 2 MSBs as a selector.

The table could also be in RAM instead of ROM without large
increase of the cost in an FPGA, so with some processor support
one might approach "tunable".

regards, Gerhard