[time-nuts] Discipline an oscillator with NTP?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 01:08:31 UTC 2011

On 7/22/11 3:46 PM, brent evers wrote:
> "After that all you need to do is write some code to..."
>
> Oh - if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that!
>
> Brent

When I worked in the physical effects business, we'd get a set of
storyboards from a director, and we'd have to figure out how we were
going to build a rig or arrange the effect as required.   The catch
phrase was always "then, all you gotta do is"...

representing some sort of incredibly difficult, tedious, or impractical
activity. Sure, install 10,000 lightbulb sockets into a frame and wire
them up before tomorrow morning's call time at 6AM.. *all you gotta do*
is get 50 people to each wire 200 sockets, screw in the bulbs and test them.