[time-nuts] Discipline an oscillator with NTP?

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sun Jul 24 00:34:28 UTC 2011

ntpd acts at the same time as a server and as a client, it is included
with all linux distiributions and also FreeBSD and other BSDs. Meinberg
has a pre-compiled ntp for Windows. The Windows Time Service included in
windows xp and 7 is a particular interpretation of microsoft of any
standard (not the first one standard that suffers from outrangeous
microsoft interpretations to pervert it). It can get time from ntp
servers, but does not provide clock disciplining, and it can server time
to other clients, but with lots of un-compliances to the ntp protocol.

Regards,

Javier