[time-nuts] Electronics Question

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Jul 28 13:34:15 UTC 2011

Thanks for the answer Chris. I kind of figured the max232 chip would be pulling the signal and "override" any attempts to bypass it.

To the other person a little confused. The GPS in/outputs TTL signals. The Net4501 is the same way (TTL) coming out of the CPU, but
on the board there is a max232 chip to convert it to RS232 signals before the physical serial connection. I was just going to wire
on the TTL sides my TX/RX from the GPS to eliminate extra chips and signal conversions, but as Chris said it isn't really possible
as long as the Max232 is wired in.

If it wasn't a TSOP chip I would have just ripped that puppy right out as you suggested Chris.

Thanks for the replies. Will post pics once I have it built. :)