[time-nuts] low-loss cable

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Mon Jun 13 07:56:19 UTC 2011

Once again, thanks to all. The Lucent bullet antenna has an N connector on the base, so I'll just use RG-6 which I have enough of, and live with a bigger trough through the window frame or just go ahead and bore through the wall -- I originally cut the slit in the window frame to accommodate the Hawk patch antenna's permanently attached very small diameter cable and I didn't want to mess with removing and installing the BNC connector on the other end on that tiny stuff in order to take it through the wall. But with RG-6 or RG-59, no such problem.

Now, question 2: fluke.l says that the Lucent bullet will work fine with the TBolt -- but is there any chance that the 26dB gain of that antenna and its preamp will cause the TBolt pain?

Best,
Dick