[time-nuts] Low noise power supply recommendations

Will Matney xformer at citynet.net
Wed Jun 15 00:12:15 UTC 2011

I've thought about that, and also thought about the 24 volt battery packs
used in those Schwinn scooters the kids have. I can buy a 24 volt charger
cheap for those, but the batteries run about $60.00 each plus shipping, and
they are probably rated at around 4 amp hours, I think. It may be the way I
go, since I think they are Ni-Cad instead of lead-acid. The problem is, I
wonder what type of noise any voltage regulators will cause in the circuit?