[time-nuts] usb serial converter

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Wed Jun 15 06:12:06 UTC 2011

I see I have that option, but it looks a bit clunky. I didn't want the
DVD player I got with the notebook in the first place, let alone another
one. ;-)

I've worked my way around needing the true serial port with different
software. The cardbus came in handy because I needed a line level input
for the sound card, so it all worked out in the end.

If it isn't obvious to everyone, MS set up the WOW (Windows on Windows)
in their 64 bit win 7 OS, to only fall back to 32 bit software. Hence no
need for a 16 bit driver on the cardbus. Then again, maybe 32bit win7
still supports 16 bit code, so they should have a driver.