[time-nuts] DPC Latency

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Sat Jun 18 19:19:54 UTC 2011

I tried two PCs and my D525 system has 2mS hits. Unfortunately this
program doesn't really aid in finding the glitch. I turned off the sound
and not much difference. My AMD quad core has peaks of 200us.

Regarding linux, I've never tried them, but there are hacks to reduce
the latency. Google will dig up all sorts of things to try.

http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/troubleshooting
has tips for windows and linux.