[time-nuts] DDS - Cosine v. Sine LUT

KD0GLS kd0gls at mninter.net
Tue Jun 21 20:09:43 UTC 2011

That's an interesting thought.  The diagram of the 9835 (the one labeled as having the cosine ROM) also shows some sync logic associated with the select lines steering the FSK and PSK registers.  If that logic syncs the select lines to the phase accumulator rollover, as you said, the slope of the signal would be near zero at that point, as opposed to at the zero-crossing with a sine-based device.  An interesting theory at least.