[time-nuts] Video distribution amp data point

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 02:05:04 UTC 2011

A while ago I was asking if anyone had a dist amp for 10mhz and many
suggested looking for video distribution amps. (and a few offered up
real 50ohm 10mhz dist amps, and I thank you!)

To make a long story short, I found a set of 3 VideoTek VDA-16's in a
1U rack mount on ebay for the completely reasonable sum of $9
including shipping. How could I loose?

Upon receiving them, I converted one over to 50 ohms and compared it
to one of the remaining units. Despite my best efforts, I can't find
any difference in the signal upon input or output. There is, of
course, a slight delay through the amp, but nothing worth writing home
about.

Conversion was a change of 8 resistors and retuning the EQ and gain.
Works like a charm. I now have more 10mhz outputs from my T'bolt and
VE2ZAZ GPSDO than I'll ever be able to use.

Bob