[time-nuts] Symmetricon CS question

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Jun 24 05:53:48 UTC 2011

Current-generation CSACs work like rubidium standards, and perform similarly.  The optical excitation comes from a laser diode rather than a conventional Rb vapor lamp.  They can't be considered primary standards.

Compare the ADEV graphs of some of the 'classical' Cs standards with what you can see in the Symmetricom CSAC literature, and you'll see that they are really very different beasts.

-- john, KE5FX