[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1992 Information Wanted

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 24 06:41:25 UTC 2011

The HP 5370B is spec'ed for a single-shot time interval resolution of 20
picoseconds, not 10 nanoseconds.  The Racal 1992 is only spec'ed at 1
nanosecond.

If you're thinking of buying a Racal 1991 or 1992, watch out for bad
switches.  One type of switch that was used is failing due to age.  If
one switch is gone, they will all fail soon.  I noticed that one of the
units for sale says that some of the switches are bad.  Maybe that's why
the price is low.

Ed