[time-nuts] Replacing electrolytics - any disadvantages of high temp ones?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Fri Jun 24 21:34:54 UTC 2011

Sencore 102 or 103's. If your lucky you can find one for less < $200.

If you don't mind the age. At the bottom of the pile are ones like the
Eico 950-B and many that are close. The 950-B is about the best
in the lower shelf.  Stick with the B, newer if anything and remember
Eico's also came as a kit. If you not in a rush, wait till you find a ....

Sprague Tel-Ohmike's The 5 and 6's being the last of the series
and the only ones to really consider. Just my call, others like some of the
older ones. Depending on condtion and phase of the moon you can get
a TO-6A for around $50, most go for about $100.

Next shelf up I would say the Clough-Brengle 712 and its military cousin
the ZM-11/U. I find it harder to use only in that everything is jammed so
close. And my 712 died a couple years ago and havn't got around to
looking inside. Price $50 to $100

Non of these prices reflect Ham-fests, Aunt Milli's thrift store etc.

All the above will or should be gone over, the usual stuff caps, resistors,
etc.

The one I use the most is the Tel-Ohmike 6A. Some say the 5 is better
and the 6's did dropped the transformer ration feature, but I only the thing
i use it for is caps.

Moving into the modern era, the Sencore's 75, 102 and 103.

Again at the top Sencore 102 and 103's, but you really have to be lucky
to get one under $100 or so. I've not been so lucky.