[time-nuts] TEC party: hardware suggestion

Achim Vollhardt avollhar at physik.uzh.ch
Thu Jun 30 08:38:23 UTC 2011

Time-Nutties,

how about using a small uC (PIC/AVR) clocked with 100ns instruction
speed. Start = 1PPS from GPS, Stop = 60 Hz Edge? Use internal capture
hardware to count processor cycles in between.

Send output once per second via FT232(USB) to host PC.. alternatively
store locally on SD card..

This could be a tiny add-on card in main-powered GPS setups..

Sorry for not jumping on the soundcard-software approach.. I'm a
hardware guy and my programming skills suck.. :)

Regards,
Achim