[time-nuts] Temex LPFRS-01 analog frequency adjustement

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 7 18:45:41 UTC 2011

Thanks.   I recall seeing documentation that more or less said that directly
connecting these units to an RS232 port will typically work but is not
guaranteed.  If you are able to easily check your unit that would be great but I
will likely try connecting mine to an RS232 port in the next few weeks.

I wanted to get a sense of how well the unit is working prior to putting to much
effort into this.   As it arrived with a circuit board that includes a frequency
adjust trimmer it was pretty simple to test.

 The spec sheet indicates that the smallest frequency step for  RS 232 control
is 1X10-11, and I was also curious if finer frequency control was possible via
the analog frequency adjust input.   I suspect that 1 x 10-11 is the limit but
I'm not 100 percent sure of this.