[time-nuts] Spacecraft Timekeeping

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Mar 10 07:53:00 UTC 2011

El 10/03/2011 02:43, Sanjeev Gupta escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 22:09, jimlux<jimlux at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>
>> OTOH, if you're building a rocket that's big enough to need something like
>> this, you can likely get the needed export licenses, or at least, comply
>> with the export control laws.
>
> Wait, he _is_ exporting the whole rocket, anyway, isn't he?
>
> Can you claim a rocket launch as an Export Credit?  "Yes, Officer, we
> will report to the Customs Department if this equipment re-enters US
> Territory.  We will keep track of it, thank you.  And believe me, I
> will know _precisely_ when that happens."

It is more a matter about that the involved technology could be ITAR
classified or with other export restrictions. Ask Hughes and Boeing
about the fine for export control violations in Intelsat 708 :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelsat_708

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com