[time-nuts] Prescaler for 53131

hardy hardyhansen at mail.tele.dk
Mon Mar 14 10:36:27 UTC 2011

Hello
I have for a long time wanted to build/by a prescaler for my  hp 53131 counter.Have already option 030(3Ghz),would really like to go higher a la option 124(12.4Ghz),but so far I have not seen any for sale.So now the big questions---should I wait or  have any one in spare they will part with?-proably not .
So I am thinking of building one myself.adding a Hittite hmc 365s8g/divide by 4 in front of my option 030! and figure out how hp 53131 prescaler coding works simulating option 124.Know option 030 divide with 128 and option divides with 512, have clips for option 030,but not for option 124.Not absolute sure about the coding on option 124.!
So any help ideas oppions appreciated.
Hardy