[time-nuts] Thunderbolt setup

aartmolsen at comcast.net aartmolsen at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 15:40:24 UTC 2011

I'll vouch for the Thunderbolt "Standard Easy Kit" from Fluke.L (Bob Mokia) on ebay. The one I bought a month ago contained a new-in-a-box Tbolt (manufactured in 2004, with the Trimble OXCO and the higher resolution DS1620 thermometer (read the Time Nuts archives about the Tbolt variants); firmware is 3.00), a Meanwell 30W power supply which is plenty good enough until you find something better (not so easy but it you do, this one can become a useful general purpose PS), an antenna that, for me, provides excellent signal strengths consistently in the 45-50dBc range. Shipping took about 10 days. Communication from the seller has been useful and friendly, although his English isn't perfect so don't expect detailed correspondence. Highly recommended.

Aart Olsen