[time-nuts] Supply voltages for the Efratom 105243 10MHz OCXO

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 21:20:39 UTC 2011

"Can anybody confirm the supply voltages for the Efratom 105243..."

The pinout shown is close. The oscillator supply voltage on the
one I have in circuit is +15 @ low current. The Oven requires
24VDC @ .25A and this drops to under 100ma when the unit
reaches operating temperature. There apparently is an internal
regulator on the oscillator supply and if you watch the output
level as you increase the oscillator supply voltage you will see
it increase until you hit about 13.5VDC then it remains constant.
This may mean that you could run the oscillator on either 15 or
24 volts but where I'm only guessing what's inside the case I'd
stick with 15VDC to play it safe. The pin next to the output that
goes through the on board  diode is apparently an oven o.k. signal
that drops from 5VDC (cold) to around .8 when the oven reaches
operating temperature in around 3 minutes. This probably could
go to the base of a transistor with or gate input if you want to
use it to drive an LED. 0-5DVC on the EFC pin changes the output
by about 28Hz

  -Arthur