[time-nuts] OT Systron-Donner Basic (corrected)

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Mon Mar 21 01:58:01 UTC 2011

Alan,

This Basic has not the reserved word USING, and by the context I'm
pretty sure that STYLE sets the format for subsequent PRINT's until
changed.  No luck playing with commas, brackets and other punctuation so
far.

About Chuck's snippet, there is a pity that it don't make use of STYLE.
  By the way, probably the controller was a previous model, the SD-3520,
which has the same look but doesn't include a UV light eraser for the
EPROM program cartridges.  (And yes, I had reverse engineered and built
a cartridge without any sample or info on them, just deducing its
existence from the presence of a Centronics like connector on the top,
the UV eraser and the commands PROG ROM, READ ROM and CART INFO).

The SD-3520 also uses a previous version of Basic with some differences,
for example it seems that the BUS OUT command has been replaced by BUS
PRINT.

I have to repeat my tanks to all who had sent me on the list or directly
their help.
And to the ones who wonder why I'm taking so much effort for
resurrecting this device I can respond something that I heard some 30
years ago when some Nuts began to build home computers: they are as
useful as a golf clubs set, they are fun!

Best regards,
Ignacio EB4APL