[time-nuts] Squaring Tbolt 10Mhz output

James Fournier james at jfits.ca
Thu Mar 24 00:57:34 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I'm trying to square the 10Mhz output from a Thunderbolt GPSDO, and failing
miserably. I'm still very new at this so please forgive my ignorance. I
thought it was going to be easy. I have tried diodes, comparators,
op-amps, Schmidt trigger buffers,regular buffers, inverters, and
differential amplifier circuits. I must be missing something simple because
i just can't shape the wave into a square wave. Has any one done this? Any
hints or tips for a struggling newbie? Many thanks!

--
Best Regards,

James Fournier