[time-nuts] Upgrading TS2100 from TCXO to OCXO

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Sat Mar 26 04:02:13 UTC 2011

Ok, thanks.  I was so focused on the IRIG and 10 MHz parts I didn't
think about the NTP function (which is what the unit is for after all).

BTW - I had some misinformation in my original post.  The Abracon
AOCJY1A is probably pin compatible with the TS2100 but it's not voltage
compatible.  The OCXO supply voltage on PC board pads is 12 not 5
volts.  So unless I can get the same MTI 240 OCXO, then I'm looking at
just putting one in the case somewhere and running wires to it.  I'd
prefer not to cut traces.  Anybody know of an inexpensive OCXO that
meets the following criteria?

10 MHz sine output
12V or 5V supply voltage (either will work since it will be installed
off board)
5V EFC (TS2100 DAC is 0.5-4.5V)
Small enough to fit in a 1U rack enclosure (the Morion MV89A is too tall)

I'm not striving for perfection, just some that is significantly better
than the stock TCXO.

-Bob