[time-nuts] Parts Selection

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 18:14:20 UTC 2011

John Miles "jmiles at pop.net" wrote:
> That's my vote as well.  Can do it, have done it, will do it again, but
> only for things that are interesting enough to spend the time on.  In
> other words, no, I would not build a kit that replicated functionality
> available in cheap surplus gear and was not otherwise technically
> interesting.

That sums it up for me as well.

IMO the thing with this kind of poll is that without the specifics, you
are getting non-specific answers. Because my answer to the "would I build
it?" depends on the specific item. If I can buy it surplus cheap, then why
I want to would spend the time building it? Only reason for me would be
learning something new. If that is ruled out as well, not much motivation
left to build it.

So can do, have done, will do again, and it depends on what it is.

regards,
Fred