[time-nuts] WWVB Measurements

Greg Broburg semiflex at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 16:33:29 UTC 2011

There is a method to recover a very weak signal
out of the mud that is fairly easy to build. It uses
a multiplying DAC run by a local reference look
up table that is phase locked into the noise. BW
can be effectively 1 Hz. Output of the DAC would
be integrated to a DC value to control the LO.

Once lock is achieved then the LO can be used
to look at the modulated signal in a wider BW.
Maybe some useful modulation maybe not.

An 8 bit MDAC with 256 or 512 samples per wave
would work ok, no problem to go to 12 14 16 bits
to polish the idea if desired.

Reference LO would be 30M72 for 512 or 15M36
for 256. Other ratios could be made using some
extra logic to make whole ratios better suited for
10M0 final detected values.

Greg