[time-nuts] Lady Heather Question

Robert Watzlavick.com rocket at watzlavick.com
Mon May 2 18:28:39 UTC 2011

Assuming the vertical scale doesn't change, there should be no change to a particular trace as it scrolls across the screen, even if there is more than one sample per pixel. That's where a peak detect plotting algorithm helps out. Imagine an ink pen plot of some signals then stand back about 10 feet
-instead of the individual points you would just see bands almost like bar graphs. So when plotting to a screen with a finite resolution, for each horizontal pixel location, there are two pixels plotted in the vertical axis with the pixels in between filled in.

-Bob