[time-nuts] Darn you people....

Bert, VE2ZAZ ve2zaz at yahoo.ca
Tue May 3 20:42:11 UTC 2011

Luis,

You said: <<Furthermore the frequency counting resolution is 16 seconds, so the ZAZ gpsdo won't lock better than 0.0625Hz.>>

On my GPSDO design, a single 16-second frequency sample does have a resolution of 0.0625Hz. But the FLL firmware does averaging over as many samples as you want before adjusting the OCXO. So I don't agree with your statement that the ZAZ gpsdo won't lock better than 0.0625Hz. In fact, I have never seen my design go worse than 1x10E-9. It usually sit below 5x10E-10. This concurs with the many reports I got from other users.

Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Bert, VE2ZAZ

Message: 3