[time-nuts] Tag Heuer Battery Replacement

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed May 4 04:28:39 UTC 2011

You can probably do this job yourself.  The Tag/Heuer watches have a
standard screw back, the tools for removing it can be had easily on
ebay.  The cells are readily available, and easy to replace.

The key to removing the back without damage is to use a tool that engages
at least 3 of the 6 notches in the back, preferably all 6.  Put the watch
face down on the middle joints (palm side) of the first three fingers of
your non-dominant hand, and squeeze the wrench tight against the watch
between those fingers and your thumb.  Use you dominant hand to turn the
watch wrench counter clockwise, while keeping the watch body from turning
by cupping up you the fingers that are gripping the watch.  It shouldn't
be very tight.

The cell has a small spring clip that snaps out, releasing the cell.

You shouldn't have to pay anything... This the sort of watch that a
shopping mall watch seller can easily handle, and it usually only costs
the price of a new cell.

-Chuck Harris