[time-nuts] Sidereal timekeeping

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 14:21:59 UTC 2011

On 5/16/11 6:30 AM, brent evers wrote:
> Can't you just use a programmable crystal?  Digikey will do this for
> you prior to ship.  Search on crystal, then under the field type,
> filter by  "Programmed by Digikey".  Four types pop up as in stock.
> Not sure if they would meet you footprint requirement, but its worth a
> shot.

Do those go down to 32kHz?   We've used them at work in the 40-60 MHz
range (by the way, the noise properties leave something to be desired..
you don't want to be using them as the reference oscillator for a
microwave PLL), but I don't know if they go low.

They're also fairly high power (compared to running a clock off a single
AA battery)