[time-nuts] Sidereal timekeeping

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:14:16 UTC 2011

Hi Antonio,
the 32kHz Xtals are 2mm long tuning forks (that is what I believe
although I have not opened one).
You would have very little chance of modifying it and still have
enough Q left for it to oscillate.
As an alternative you could build an external circuit (a few uA at 3V
supply) and generate a signal to inject into
the existing Xtal osc with the Xtal removed.
The type of circuit that I would build would be a cmos binary divider
connected to a quad gate.
The 4 gate inputs connect to selected binary stages of the divider.
When the gate decodes the
selected number, an extra pulse is added to the count chain. The
output is thus shifted to a higher
frequency.
If you are interested I can try to design the circuit for you, I have
intend to build a Siderial clock
dial for my TBolt.
cheers, Neville Michie