[time-nuts] Softpal VLF software

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:39:32 UTC 2011

That is interesting indeed. I am interested in wwvb propagation also. But my
interest has no commercial value at all. I do plan to re-look at some of the
alternate suggestions.
Though at the moment I am using the cheap DATQ software and reader $29 to
log 3 channels of data. (It has 4 cnls)
I feed the phase comp out from 2 X HP 117 and 1 X Tracor 599 VLF rcvrs to
the DACQ encoder and watch the strip chart 1" per hour on a laptop. Logging
to the internal disk.
Still getting used to how you drive it all and the info is exportable to a
number of formats like excel.
About the only conclusion I really have now is. Boy does the ionosphere jump
around. But then thats been known since the 1930s.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL