[time-nuts] Top Posting...

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon May 23 21:47:46 UTC 2011

Sometimes, though, interspersed responses are appropriate. For instance, if you've got a long analysis or list of things, or a list of questions, then answering interspersed is more appropriate.  (with a note at the top saying "answers interspersed below")

Many mail clients facilitate the distinguishing of original and new text by adding arrows, change bars, or colors, although some are really annoyingly bad about this (e.g. the webmail client I'm using right now is truly horrible).  There's also the problem when the highlighting is done using HTML rendering or which relies on some outside semantic interpretation.