[time-nuts] Top Posting Clarified - Hopefully

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 02:23:42 UTC 2011

Exalted Listers,

Because of the high amount of useable technical information to me I copy each month’s postings to a word file.  I do this for two reasons.  First is that sub-dividing posts into different subject files is just too complicated.  Secondly net archived information relies on the goodwill of the provide r(s) and is not guaranteed to be there when one might want/need it.  I usually end up with over 200 pages of condensed information.

My top posting complaint is not because of one earlier post at the bottom.  That is reference information.  Typically, in the past, it was not uncommon to see top posting of five or six previous posts.  This would then fill up four or five pages.

There might be two or three such top postings for each issue.  Deleting all of this extra repetition becomes a mighty PITA for someone like me who is still a neophyte in this area of expertise and attempting to become better educated.

I thoroughly enjoy the sometimes mislabeled as OT adventures (and the occasional mis-adventures).  They provide both knowledgeable insight and a deep appreciation of previous attempts toward technical excellence.

I’m very appreciative of the more pruned issues of late.

Regards,

Perrier