[time-nuts] Monitoring the Rapco 1804M - how antenna changes affect the unit

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 08:19:26 UTC 2011

> I've made a small Web page describing what happened when I changed the
> puck antenna on a Rapco 1804M for a more sensitive one.  The Rapco 1804M
> expects a big outside antenna.
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Rapco-1804M-notes.html

This page has now been updated to provide a comparison between three puck
antennas - the Garmin GA 27 (BNC), a 3rd-party low-cost puck, and a
Gilsson puck antenna.  It seems that the even higher signal level from the
Gilsson benefits the 1804M more than the other two.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk