[time-nuts] Precisione GPS based led clock

Miguel Gonçalves mail at miguelgoncalves.com
Thu Nov 3 11:19:38 UTC 2011

Hi Paolo!

On 03/11/2011, at 10:44, "paolo.martini at alice.it" <paolo.martini at alice.it> wrote:

> Dear  all
> I am an amateur astronomer working in the field of minor planet occultation.
> To arrange a precise reference  time I am looking for a 1/100 sec LED dispaly clock GPS based. (LED is usefull for night vision)
> My idea is to use a "ebay" used master clock such as  " ThunderBolt GPS disciplined clock" to drive a timecode display. Particulary I wish to realize a "PIC" based LED clock to display hour min sec and use the 10 MHz reference to arrange an  1/10 and 1/100 sec disaply.  Can anyone help me in finding schemes or any more flexible idea?
> thanks

I am, at the moment, developing a led clock with an Arduino board that synchronizes its clock with the use of a NTP GPS server in my LAN. The clock can be configured through telnet and it syncs with the NTP server every 8 seconds.

I expect to have it ready next week.

I can send you the schematic if you so desire.

Cheers,
Miguel