[time-nuts] GPIB Help?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Nov 14 05:26:09 UTC 2011

I have been working on reading data from my Racal-Dana 1992 counter's GPIB.
I've set the address to 7 and turned on talk only.  According to the
manual that
will start sending data from address 15.

I have installed gpib on an old computer running Fedora 16.  The GPIB
board is a
ISA bus National Instruments GPIB board.  linux GPIB /etc/gpib.conf:

interface {
         minor = 0
         board_type = "pcIIa"
         pad = 0
         sad = 0
         timeout = T3s

         eos = 0x0a
         set-reos = yes
         set-bin = no

         base = 0x2e1
         irq  = 7
         dma  = 1

         master = yes
}

/* Now the device sections define the device characteristics for each
device.
  * These are only used if you want to open the device using ibfind()
(instead
  * of ibdev() )
  */

device {
         minor = 0
         name = "counter"
         pad = 7
         sad = 0
}

Program to read and display the readings.

#define LL 132
char line[LL];

main(argc, argv)
{
         while (1) {
                 Receive (0, 15, line, LL, 1);
                 puts (line);
         }
}

The program prints a blank line every few seconds.
No frequency readings.

What am I doing wrong??

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com