[time-nuts] iPhone keeping better time?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 12:47:46 UTC 2011

> Folks,
>
> Is it my imagination or is the iPhone under IOS 5 keeping way better
> time?
>
> I assume it's contacting the mobile towers more often for reading time.
>
> Jim Palfreymam

Lucky Jim!

Certainly doesn't apply to my iPad2.  Currently 40.8 seconds out under
5.0.1.  Sinful it doesn't use NTP ( I suppose you know who didn't approve
of NTP, since it wasn't under Apple's firm grip).

At least Emerald & Sequoia's "Emerald Time" application allows one to see
the error!

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu