[time-nuts] Low noise power supplies for time nuts circuitry

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 22 18:52:08 UTC 2011

In message <6F9E458F-B701-49C1-8D83-EBDA35784764 at ulrich-bangert.de>, Ulrich Ban
gert writes:

>It seems to turn out as if the well known Wenzel suggestions for voltage
>regulator finesse were not state of the art [...]

I've played a bit with the Wenzel circuits and they can provide truly
outstanding damping, my best was 80dB using a HP VHF transister I can't
remember the number of.

And yes, they are very sensitive to just about everything, in particular
temperature.

But getting at good solid 30+dB damping is not _that_ hard, in particular
for very low-current constant loads, such as X-tal oscillators.